Naming ceremony for Henry Karl Stafford
Henry is here today:
- To thank God for the gift of his life and health
- To dedicate himself publically to serving Jesus who – through his life, death, resurrection and example – taught us how to love God and our neighbours as ourselves
- To call on us – his friends – to commit ourselves to supporting him in his life and journey of faith
- To ask God’s blessing on him in the years ahead
Henry: My Story
Minister: Questions to Henry [Answer: I do]
- Henry Karl Stafford, do you thank God for the gift of your life and health?
- Do you commit yourself to following and serving Jesus in your day-to-day life and relationships through the years ahead of you?
- Do you dedicate yourself to this Christian community – Oasis Church Waterloo – to encouraging, serving and supporting others on their journey of life and faith?
Minister: Question to Congregation [Answer: We do]
- Will you commit yourselves to Henry, to play your part in encouraging, serving and supporting him through your love and active, on-going, care and prayer?
Two friends read prayers
Minister: A Blessing for Henry
Henry Karl Stafford
May the Lord bless you and take care of you,
May the Lord be kind and gracious to you,
May the Lord look upon you with favour and give you his peace.
Henry, by this act of blessing and the presentation of this bible we commit ourselves to the journey of life and faith with you in the years ahead.
Minister: Presentation of Bible to Henry